Here we go. The Liebster award. Sound special. But isn’t. It’s simply one of those ‘Tag a friend OMG this is so cool’ things, and even though I act like I hate them, I’ve always wanted to be included in one at least once. I must thank Gratia @http://gratia17.wordpress.com/ for the nomination, and for the subsequent barrage of views that followed afterwards! Thank you~~ and give her blog a check. I’m still fairly new to the community, but seeing a couple of Gratias’ posts, I like how she thinks, and how she writes. You can feel her excitement in the writing, and to me, if you can feel any sort of emotion in writing, then the writer has done a good job.
Next.the rules! Have a read below. That’s all. SImple as.
Rules for accepting the Liebster Award
- Post the award on your blog (check.)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog (would have done this anyway out of courtesy, so check.)
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel are deserving of the award and have less than 200 followers. (I don’t know of enough people, so I did anyone I could get my hands on.)
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 random facts about me
Facts? Oh snap… Here we go.
1. I am an introvert. A heavy introvert. But also a performer. When I’m at home, I’m introverted. I’m comfortable. Relaxed. I can be myself, and by ‘myself’ I mean a complete recluse. I love my own space at home. I crave it, at least once a day. Too much interaction tires me out in general, and home is where I return to recharge, gather my thoughts and to store all of my eccentricity for the next day when I go outside.
2.The ‘outside’ me is the performer. All of the energy that I gathered the night before is released when I’m outside. I don’t just don a new shade of confidence, no. I am completely different. Outgoing, chatty, eccentric. I am performing as soon as I step one foot out of the door. I don’t walk, I strut. I don’t look, I gaze. Everything I do is done with some kind of flair and dramatics. It’s just what I’ve done since becoming a bit comfortable with myself.
3. I am practically married to music. Me and music are forever tied. When I want to escape from the confines of this world, I just play some ambient music (Akira Yamaoka- producer of the Silent Hill soundtracks, for example) and simply escape. Into my own little fantasy land. It’s just so blissful. Being completely enveloped by your fantasies and dreams. If you’ve never done it, ie escaped from reality, then do so. But do it healthily. No drugs business.
4. I am a Muslim I am proud to be Muslim Having been born into my religion, finding that reason to stay committed has of course been a bit rocky. I’ve of course questioned why I do certain things. Who hasn’t? But when I feel like things aren’t what I think, I get a nice little divine push in the right direction. No joke. If it wasn’t for these little miracles so to speak, my faith wouldn’t be as strong as it is now. I’m not saying it’s a strong as it could be, but for what it’s worth, and compared to before, I do have more faith.
5. I am fairly dark in the way I think about things. The idea of death and the like does not upset me, or put me on edge. I’m fairly comfortable with the idea of death, blood, rotting. I really like dark, gritty things. I don’t know why, but it’s just the way I like to see things. I like to write about dark and gritty things. Not realistically gritty and dark, more fantastical, but it has to be twisted and just… morbid. Yeah. Morbidity. I like it.
6. I have major respect problems. I will give anyone respect. don’t get me wrong. BUT! If I sense even a degree of patronization, then I’m turning sarcastic. Straight up.I don’t know when I got this mindset, but It’s both helped and hindered me. I can easily talk to someone, and even have a debate with them in a calm, collected, adult-like voice. If you then switch on the condescending ‘know your place’ voice, then I’m going to rebel and give you all the attitude you don’t want. We both end up losers that way.
7. I can only do something if it’s really going to benefit me down the line. I don’t like learning about things because it’s ‘nice to know’. No. If I wanted to do that, I would use my knowledge to go on those stupid game shows. See how much I get from learning about stuff that’s ‘nice to know’. Hah! I don’t think so. If it doesn’t benefit me, it’s not going to be researched. Detrimental mindset I know. But…
8. When it comes to something I’m interested in, I go full force. I like to completely swamp myself in information. Essentially drown in it. I research everything about that topic. EVERYTHING. Nothing escapes me. So although I skip out on general knowledge, when it comes to specific knowledge, I become fluent in it, in a hectic kind of way.
9. I am learning how to sing and play the piano. I figured that I need a new project, and I also have a message to share to the world. If I can make a career out of what I write and use it as a platform to reach out to people who have experienced lives similar to mine, and who think the same, then I will feel like I have done something not just for the world, but fr myself, and for my place in the hereafter. So long as I have honest intentions, and write about my self, and my life as a Muslim, and as a human being, then I will be content. No drugs, no sex, no money. But singing about actual human things. Love, Pain, suffering, identity. My songs will be reflections of me. Pure and simple.
10. I am a night owl. I work best at night. Always have, always will. My whole family is like that actually. I like it. The night is my friend. It’s my time to shine when its night-time.
11. I have experienced many languages before. English (native), Surti dialect of Gujarati (mother tongue nd should be native in that too), Arabic (can read), French, German (high school competence), Japanese (my major), Korean (went for a month), Chinese and Cantonese (very very small amounts), Spanish (learning currently) and Italian (Only little phrases). I think the way to any person is through their language, and more importantly, their accent. you could be fluent in their language, but unless you have their accent, you will never be seen as integrated. However, this usually only applies for European countries. Asian countries are a bit iffy with these things…
Nominate 11 blogs
I don’t know enough people for this! But I’ll do my best.
11 Questions to me
- What was the last thing you photographed and when was it? Myself, on a train, this Monday returning home from university.
- If you had to choose another name for yourself, what would it be? Hmm… Always liked Maximilian. I’ll go for Maximilian.
- What did you do last weekend? Dissertation… cry…
- Which song have you not been able to get enough of this week? Song… more like songs. That question is unanswerable. Sorry..
- Coffee or tea? Tea. I’m British.
- Favourite holiday? Italy when I was 14. Best one yet.
- Favourite quote? I don’t think I have one. I like my own quote though- ‘Regret is for the weak‘. Unless that’s taken from someone…
- When was the last time you received a handwritten letter from someone? From an old pen pal friend… who I didn’t respond to… cos I’m a very bad person…
- Describe your perfect day. Rain, thunder, gas fire on, blanket, with complete control over my creativity.
- What language do you wish you could speak? Many… I’m very much a lover of languages. However, I would love to speak my mother tongue efficiently. Surti Gujarati.
- What was the last dream you had about? My old high school. Everything had changed.. and that made me a tad sad. I’m no longer there. The old building was demolished, I have nothing to do with that school any more. Bizarre. I hated high school. Still do, but I guess there was some part of me that still clung onto my time there.
11 questions to you
1. What’s your favourite season?
2. What’s your favourite genre of book?
3. What influenced you to write?
4. What languages do you know/ have had experience with?
5. Where would you like to be right now?
6. What’s your pet-peeve?
7. Early bird or Night Owl?
8. Introvert or extrovert?
9. Favourite Greek God/Goddess?
10. Do you prefer Chaos or Order?
11. Would you rather live by the sea, or by a lake?